This session will give a brief overview of what the various types of cloud computer are, Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Infrastructure as a Service, and look at ways that cloud computing is being used in education. Examples include the Gmail, Google Apps for Education, Google App Engine, and Virtual Computing Labs. Advantages and disadvantages will also be covered.
* providing attendees with a basic understanding of what cloud computing is
* and how they can use it in their environment.
Questions addressed include:
* What is cloud computing?
* How is it being currently used and why?
* What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Suggested audience: Educators, primary and secondary, Educators, university and continuing education, IT leads, School and district leaders
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginner (very new to this topic)
- Time: 1:00 pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #cloudedu
- Conference hashtag: #pdinpjs
Name: Erin Flage
Position: Instructional Designer
View live here or Sign up below to be a guest panelist for the session
- If you simply wish to view the live presentation of this session, simply come back to this session page at the time of the presentation to view the live stream.
- However, if you wish to be a part of the live Hangout for the session, please fill out this form. The sessions will be conducted using a Google Hangout which can include up to 10 people. The presenter for this session may choose several people to be in the live Hangout, allowing these participants to ask questions and offer comments as part of the live broadcast. The presenter will contact people with more information later.