eKIDs is a program offered to Oak Hills students that aims to develop their interests in technology as well as support their peers and staff in the use of technology at an instructional level.
The session will cover:
- The structure of eKIDS program
- The curriculum used (GenYES) and how we customized it for our district (using Google Apps of course!)
- The annual TEDxYouth@Oakhills conference and Technology 101 conference (part of the yearly curriculum
- Lessons learned over the past two years of piloting and implementing the program.
- What curricular materials were required for the program?
- What buy in from the staff was required? How was the eKIDS program received?
- Why have a program like eKIDs? What tangible benefits has Oak Hills seen as a district?
- Suggested audience: Students, university and lifelong learners, Educators, primary and secondary, School and district leaders, Anyone
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginner (very new to this topic)
- Time: 2:00 pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #ekids
- Conference hashtag: #pdinpjs
Name: Zachary Vander Veen
Position: elearning Coach and Course Developer
View live here or Sign up below to be a guest panelist for the session
- If you simply wish to view the live presentation of this session, simply come back to this session page at the time of the presentation to view the live stream.
- However, if you wish to be a part of the live Hangout for the session, please fill out this form. The sessions will be conducted using a Google Hangout which can include up to 10 people. The presenter for this session may choose several people to be in the live Hangout, allowing these participants to ask questions and offer comments as part of the live broadcast. The presenter will contact people with more information later.